Are you an analyst or a developer? Are you bored with you current assignments and want to learn some recent technologies? You should consider Big Data as your next step in your development path. Make your first step into Big Data world with one day workshop with an expert trainer who has gained his experience building big data applications in finance and pharma industries.
Workshop agenda offers a quick overview of core technologies from Apache Hadoop ecosystem. Forget about long boring slides — this is a hands-on workshop on real Hadoop cluster, where each attendee will have the possibility to explore data sets using core Hadoop technologies.
During the workshop you will:
- gain core knowledge about solving big data problems,
- understand MapReduce algorithm,
- learn Pig and Hive,
- understand pros and cons of each tool.
- Introduction to Big Data.
- What is Big Data, BigTable, MapReduce.
- the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop.
- HDFS and YARN.
- Map Reduce Framework.
- Map Reduce Streaming.
- Hands-on workshop.
- Map Reduce.
- Introduction to Pig.
- Execution modes.
- Data types, keywords.
- Hands-on Pig workshop.
- Introduction to Hive.
- Execution modes.
- Data types.
- Data formats.
- Hands-on Pig comparison.
- Hive workshop.
- Cluster Monitoring and Management.
- Apache Ambari overview.
“Trainer approached this topic very well, also gave very to-the-point answers.”
“Trainer answered to all the practical questions - I appreciate it very much.”
“Great workshop! Lots of practical excerices and useful information. There was no need for prior software installation - that was a huge bonus for me.”
- basic knowledge of Java, SQL, bash, Python (or other scripting languages)
- device: Intel i5 or newer/similar, >6GB ram
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) workshop, so remember to bring your own laptop.
The workshop will run for 8 hours from 9AM until 5PM. There will be a few coffee breaks and one 1-hour lunch break (on your own).
Trainer - Radosław Stankiewicz
IT specialist with very good theoretical and practical background. 8 years of experience in various technologies from mobile to JEE, services, big data, across a diversity of projects and environments – banking, telco, mobile and public.
What makes us unique?
- Over 5500 course participants
- 98% satisfied clients
- 9 years' experience
- Unique offer of over 300 specialised training courses
- Over 100 active coaches and consultants